Parsnip fries are a great side at any meal!
Parsnip Fries Recipe:
- ¾ pound parsnips
- ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- Other seasonings of your choice: cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne, etc.
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Foil or parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Oven mitts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the parsnips under cool water.
- Peel the parsnips.
- Cut the parsnips into uniform 1-inch thick pieces.
- Place cut parsnips into a large mixing bowl. Add the vegetable oil and stir to coat the parsnips.
- Add the salt and pepper, and any other seasonings that you would like. Stir until the parsnips are well coated with seasonings.
- Place parsnips in a single layer on large baking sheet being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring the vegetables half-way through the time. The parsnips should be caramelized to a medium brown and blistered.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe by Food Hero