Eggrolls are a great way to use vegetables!
Eggroll in a Bowl Recipe:
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Box grater
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- Large frying or sauté pan
- Measuring spoons
- Rinse produce under cool, running water.
- Remove any damaged cabbage leaves and slice into strips.
- Dice onion.
- Peel and grate carrot.
- Mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add diced onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add grated carrot and sauté for three minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for three more minutes.
- Add cabbage and sauté for about ten minutes.
Optional: consider adding a protein like peanut sauce, chicken, or pork.
Recipe by Michigan State University Extension